Friday, June 23, 2006

Sharapova: A Stamp Collector!!!


So this was a shocker when i read the story. Its seems Ms Sharapova is rather fond of collecting stamps and has been doing it since she was a child. (lol i think she still is)

read the story:


Sharapova not only has opponents licked
July 2006


Young tennis star is keen collector

Russian tennis star Maria Sharapova has revealed that when she’s not whacking the opposition all over the tennis court she enjoys nothing more than indulging in her favourite hobby – stamp collecting.

The former Wimbledon champion, 19, claims to have a huge collection and has been collecting since she was a child.

“I’ve collected stamps since I was nine or ten years old, and I’ve so many, millions. I’ve stamps passed down from my mom’s grandmother. They’re that old they’re almost rusty!”, she said following a victory at the DFS Classic at Edgbaston Priory Club.

"The coolest thing is finding an excuse to go to the post office and do something different. It's exciting, something different. Not too many people do it. It's a cool collection I have.

"I know the whole process of how to remove stamps and dry them, but now I get catalogues from around the world and I get my mum to order them.

"I look at them and enjoy them. It's a nice distraction away from tennis."

Sharapova won the Ladies’ Wimbledon Singles title in 2004 and is among the top seeds for this year’s tournament which begins on 26 June

source:

http://www.gibbonsstampmonthly.com/story.asp?storycode=2646&preview=1

No comments: