Sunday, September 24, 2006

Maria Sharapova's latest blog entry

Too many movies!
9/21/2006 10:01:00 PM

Hi there! Just so you know this is not going to be my most exciting doodle. I was basically in my house for the first five days after I came back from NY, and three of those spent glued to my bed. Well I got some bug and had a fever for a couple of days.....UGH! Not so much for the pain, but the boredom is just awful. I don't think my body was ready for all the partying, therefore couldn't quite deal with the recovery too well. I had all these plans of going to the spa, swimming, and getting rid of my sock tan when I got back...... that went down the drain real fast. Being sick is not fun at all!! First of all you have to go on a tea and lemon diet, then you have to spray that nasty stuff down your throat. WHO NEEDS THAT!!! I watched more movies in three days than I watched this whole year. (Sixteen Candles, Risky Business, You Me and Dupree, When Harry Met Sally, to name a few) At least I can tell my manager that I watched all the old classics he got me for Christmas!! SHHH!! My friend Estelle flew down here for a week so she is keeping me somewhat entertained. We've been getting a few good laughs about my win at the Open, because only a few weeks ago we were quite happy about my win in San Diego. So when I wasn't shivering to death, I spent a few hours signing my fan mail which my mom organizes for me. Estelle and I have the system down very well.....I sign and she puts it in the envelope.

I started training again on Monday....one word....BRUTAL! It's not very fun when you just win the Us Open and you come back on the court and feel like a fish out of water. And this humidity is out of control.....no, I'm not whining.....just requesting the academy to put up some aircon in the indoor center, in the very near future, haha!

I have been listening to Justin Timberlake's new CD over and over and over again! Luv it!

Quote of the week goes to my dad....A group of us were out at lunch and Estelle wasn't eating a lot so my dad says....."Estelle, honey, I know you're in love but you gotta eat!" p.s estelle IS in love!! Lucky girl!

No comments: