Thursday, September 21, 2006

Playing more exciting than titles: Hingis

Playing more exciting than titles: Hingis

For Martina Hingis the joy of playing tennis is more alluring than just winning a Grand Slam.
Talking to the reporters after winning a hard fought battle against Israeli Tzipora Obziler on Wednesday, she said: "I never said winning another Grand Slam was the only thing in my life. Words have been put in my mouth but for me playing tennis and getting the high out of it is much more important."

She admitted her serve was not as good as it was in the first game.

"The first game was a perfect one. I was hitting winners and serving perfectly. It was feeling so good. I thought why I could not repeat it over and over again. Today maybe after missing a point I was thinking about it and that was the difference. It matters."

Asked about the positives from the match, she said: "If I were to think about the positives I would think about the first match. Yes, it was a hard win."

On her quarter-final opponent Tamarine Tanasugarn, she said: "I am looking forward to playing Tamarine. I played her twice and was winner on both occasions. I hope to continue the same way on Friday when I meet her."

And then added with oodles of laughter: "Hope she is tired after two matches today."

--Indo-Asian News Service

No comments: