Friday, October 20, 2006

Hingis' Blog - part 1

So Martina Hingis is writing a blog from Zurich...


Saturday, October 14, 2006

So after six years, I am back playing the Zürich Open in front of my home crowd. It's an exciting feeling! Today I went downtown to the Jelmoli shopping mall to be present at the draw ceremony. It was pretty busy - TV and print media were present, plus fans and interested shoppers.

I am pretty excited at the moment because I've just bought a new car. It's the new Jeep Grand Cherokee, the ONLY one in Zürich for the next two months, so I'm trying to drive it around as much as possible to show it off. It's beautiful - nearly as beautiful as my two horses, if only my horses had as much power!!!

I let Beat Ritschard from Octagon, also the Tournament Director of the Zürich Open, drive the jeep. My nerves just about calmed down by the time I reached the mall - I now know the meaning of a white knuckle ride! I'm not sure I'll allow him to drive my beautiful jeep again, sorry Beat! It was great to see so many people at the mall for the ceremony. I drew Anna-Lena Groenefeld first round, and the media asked me what I thought about playing her. I told them I was looking forward to my first match at home for six years and that she is a great player with a lot of talent and obviously can be a dangerous opponent.

After the ceremony, I spoke with Murphy Jensen from the Tennis Channel, which is always entertaining. He gave me a present that he'd bought in Zürich, Swiss Miss hot chocolate. "Swiss Miss for the Swiss Miss," he told me. Thanks Murphy! After media interviews I went to say hi to the adidas store and picked up some great winter boots that will be perfect now that the weather is getting colder here. Hopefully I'll be able to use them in Madrid too! My place hasn't been confirmed for the Championships yet so I need to do well here to make it... It would be an amazing end to the year!

Next stop was home. I live 40 minutes away from the tournament site. I'd like to stay at home for the whole week, but sometimes with bad traffic it can take too long. I'll stay at the tournament hotel some nights for ease but I'll try and stay at home as much as possible so that I can drive my new car; and if I have to stay at the hotel, maybe I'll just take the long route :)

I have attached some photos taken from the draw ceremony. I'll write again tomorrow... I need to go cook my dinner now - red meat and pasta - mmmm!

Good night,

Martina

source:

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/1/newsroom/stories/?ContentID=922

My own views:

This gal is a natural communicator. Her first post itself makes for a wonderful read.

So we now know she has added one more vehicle to her stable (of cars not horses, she already has enough horse power). And this time its a jeep!!!

Anyone else wondering what it looks like?

Well wonder no more --->

http://www.auto-sfondi-desktop.com/Wallpapers_Jeep_/Jeep-Grand-Cherokee/Jeep-Grand-Cherokee-03/Jeep-Grand-Cherokee-03_1024.jpg

Lol so her new passion is on top of her mind as this suggests, quote 'I'll stay at the tournament hotel some nights for ease but I'll try and stay at home as much as possible so that I can drive my new car; and if I have to stay at the hotel, maybe I'll just take the long route :) '

No comments: