Friday, October 20, 2006

Hingis' Blog - part 5



Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Another beautiful day in Zürich! The weather is not too cold which is nice. I don't mind the cold as long as the Sun is out. Soon it will be getting really cold, and the tourists will be coming in to ski, usually in mid-December. I love to ski and one of the best things about where I live is that the mountains are not far away. In the summer I like to do some fitness training - running in the mountains and that kind of thing - and in the winter, when I get the opportunity, I love to ski with friends.

I went to the gym in the morning and did some jogging and sprints on the bike. I had a good workout then did some stretching. John from the Tour was also in the gym running off all the apple fritters he's been eating this week. Naughty John ;)

After the gym, I went back to the room and listened to some music, then made a few calls. I met with Radim at 1pm and drove (obviously in my new Jeep!) to practice. I hit for about 45 minutes. It was a good hit, all very good, as per usual!

For lunch I wanted to keep it simple so I went to the courts and ate in the player lounge. I had pasta with sauce - simple but good! It's important for me to take on slow releasing carbs at lunch so that I have enough energy throughout the day. With my match today being at 6pm, it's important.

Before my match I did my regular warm-up. Again there was a really good crowd which I was pleased about. I played well and it was a good match - I won 63 63. After the match I took a quick shower, and then went to my post-match press conference, first questions in English and then in Swiss German. This is what they always do at my press conferences. All the questions were about my current form and the match that I'd just played. I then signed a few items for the sponsors and then it was off to the player party!

Whilst getting ready for the party I was chatting with Svetlana in the locker room, just the usual girly chat about make-up! I didn't have much time to change so I quickly rushed to the party. They'd converted Court 2 into a formal dinner area. It looked really nice and was full of people. I did a quick photo with the official event magazine and then I was free to join my friends at dinner! It was good so I was happy. It had been a while since my match so I was pretty hungry and ready to eat! There was an award for the most stylish player at the event and Elena won, so she went on stage and was asked a few questions and got presented a nice watch. Some of the other girls were asked questions about their time in Zürich; Maria said she likes it here and loves Schnitzel and also that she was happy to not to be playing on ice, which is what this arena is usually used for (I think I mentioned this before). They also asked Svetlana and Daniela questions about their time in Zürich; they both seemed happy to be here so that was good!

After dinner I said my goodbyes and left for the hotel. It has been a pretty long day so I'm going to see my doctor now for my regular stretch and massage. I shall say good night and wish you all well! But of course I'll be back tomorrow! In the morning I plan to go into Zürich centre just to change things up a little. My mind needs something other than the courts and hotel!

:)

Martina

And as usual you have to bear with my thoughts. lol

Number 1 question: Who is "John from the tour"?

quote, ' I then signed a few items for the sponsors and then it was off to the player party!
Whilst getting ready for the party I was chatting with Svetlana in the locker room, just the usual girly chat about make-up! '


Svetlana make-up!!!??? Kuzzy wears make-up. Oh well she needs it, but i still dont wanna see the profile. :P

No comments: