Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Seles considering comeback.

After the much tainted Martina Hingis and Lindsay Davenport's successful comebacks, yesteryear star Monica Seles is talking about making yet another comeback.

Sidelined with foot injuries, she never officially retired.

"I still love to play. That has never lessened," Seles told the LA Times. "What Lindsay did was just so cool. And what I know now, I wish I had known then. Like stretching more before and after matches. You go out and win 6-3 6-1 and say that was easy and you wouldn't stretch. I guess I kind of had two tennis careers. And now perhaps a third. I certainly would not ever be able to do a full schedule again, because of the foot."

"But I'm thinking about the Slams and about some of the better tournaments that lead into them. I won't decide for sure until the beginning of the year and the Australian is certainly not possible. But Miami. Maybe.", she added.

No comments: