Friday, June 20, 2008

Sania out of Ordina Open

Sania Mirza who is just returning from a long layoff after her wrist injury crashed out from the Ordina Open.

Playing against Dutch Michaella Krajicek in the 2nd round, she went down 2-6 2-6 in straight sets.

This is the second such loss for Mirza after she also lost in first round of the DFS Classic.

Incidently this is the 4th career defeat of Sania Mirza to Miss Krajicek.

"It was much easier than normal," said Krajicek. "We kind of share the same type of game, but today she played all-or-nothing. I could tell she was a bit off her rhythm, as this is just her second tournament back after being off the Tour with a wrist injury, but I felt like I was playing really solid.
I served well, was steady from the baseline and broke her when I got my chances."

No comments: